<!--<style ><!--/*<!-- -->

This page has been moved to a new address. Redirecting....

<!-- /*--><!--/*--> Oceans Deep: 365

Thursday, May 22, 2014

365

Three hundred sixty-five days . . . as of today, my baby has officially been living and breathing on this earth for a full year! Even as I write that sentence, my mind wonders how it can be true. How in the world did my infant son go from baby to 1-year old?! What kind of time-warp is this?

I've thought a lot about what I could say and what I'd want to say, but the truth is, I am so overcome with emotion that I'm not sure this is the forum to spill my guts regarding Isaiah's first year of life. I've already written him a letter about what this year has meant to me as his mother, and suffice it to say, the "ugly cry" was in full effect the entire time I wrote. You know each day and month is precious. You know there's no year like the first year of your firstborn's life. But actually sitting down and putting words to paper (or screen) makes it that much more real.

So I'll spare you from my gush of emotions and memories about each of these past 365 days (you're welcome) and bombard you with pictures instead :-). In short, it's been the most amazing year of all my years on this earth. I've never known love and sacrifice like this. And even though it's only been one year, it feels as though Isaiah has been with us forever. Like he's been a part of my soul for my entire life. I can't remember life before him (cliched, yes, but oh so true), and I don't even want to try and remember. Even all the pain and agony of 2.5 years of infertility were graciously swept away in the moment of His birth. The LORD took that pain and replaced it with a joy so deep, I am overcome.

Ok, so I feel those tears welling up again--enough words, time for some pictures!! Here's the string of month-by-month pics. I love seeing how he's grown from a tiny little peanut into a big, strong boy. And that hair! Ohh that wild hair. Makes this mama's heart happy :-).


Happy happy birthday to our firstborn son!



Our first family pic!

Hello, world :-)


















First Birthday!!! 

We can't wait to celebrate with a little party on Saturday! I'm guessing this little dude is going to love digging into his cake :-). More pictures to come!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home